Parental & Volunteer Responsibilities
- Participants must be covered by a parent or guardian health insurance plan.
- Provide transportation to and from practices and games and when participant is unable will attend to notify the coach.
- Be a supportive spectator toward the opponent, coaches, referees and other spectators. Representing Christ, our organization, and Marquette University High School.
- Encourage sportsmanship and Christian conduct on the part of your child and fellow spectators.
- Be able to accept your son’s mistakes with patience and understanding.
- Respect the coaches’ decisions. If you have a concern, speak with the coach, apart from the game environment, at least a day later. If you are still unsatisfied with response please present concern to the President or a VP.
- Stress academic success and Christian behavior as well as success in athletics.
- During periods of inclement weather, parent or guardian will remain at practice or have a means to be reached immediately in case the practice or game is canceled.
- Each participant will be required to participate in the organization’s annual fundraiser. Each participant is expected to sell at a minimum level which contributes to the organizations yearly goals. Parents have the option of a cash buyout to fulfill this obligation.
The Jr. Hilltoppers operates entirely through the work of volunteers. The board, officers, coaches, assistant coaches, and team managers are all volunteers. It takes many people and many volunteer hours to build a successful program. We need your help. Please consider volunteering your time in one or more of the following areas. The opportunities may be expanded further as we develop the program. There will be the opportunity to sign up online. All participant’s parents are expected to volunteer in support of our team.
Below are volunteer opportunities available for the Jr. Hilltoppers:
Team Manager: (one per team) Coordinates all volunteer activities for game days and other activities. Liaison between parents and coaches.
Team Physician(s): League rules require a licensed athletic trainer be present for all home games to attend to any medical needs.
Equipment: Assist in the fitting, handing out, and return of equipment.
Field Operations: Set up field(s) for game day. Take down field(s) after last game of day.
Scoreboard: Operate scoreboard for home games.
Chains: For each home game, a team of three is required to be in charge of the chains.
Fund Raising: Assist Fundraiser and Spirit Wear Administrator as needed.
Photographer: Take pictures and/or video for end-of-season banquet.
Banquet: Assist in planning and working the postseason dinner
Coaching: Must request an interview with Coaches Selection Committee in order to be considered. Marquette University High School Head Football Coach Jeffrey Mazurczak chairs this committee.