Parent Information Summary
- The Junior Hilltoppers Sports Clubs, Inc. is an independent non-profit organization which strives to develop the individual physical, mental, and emotional talents of all grade school participants in its sports programs, and through sportsmanship, team competition, and fun encourages responsibility, compassion, and excellence in all aspects of performance, consistent with the ideals of good citizenship reflective of Marquette University High School.
- The Jr. Hilltoppers Wrestling Club was formed to allow students in Kindergarten through 8th grade with the opportunity to learn and compete in sanctioned USA Wrestling events. It is the commitment of the program, the board, and the coaching staff to do everything possible to make sure every athlete becomes better in terms of their ability and understanding of the sport of wrestling.
- The Jr. Hilltoppers Wrestling Club is affiliated with USA Wrestling.
- Membership in the program is open to anyone who wishes to participate.
- There will be no cuts.
- Participate is open to both boys and girls in grades kindergarten through 8th grade, not limited by City of residence or High School affiliation
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- In the event of excess numbers of wrestlers, wrestlers may be divided by experience or age group.
- Athletes should come equipped in work out wear; t-shirt and shorts.
- Wrestling shoes are recommended but are not required. Athletes can participate in their stocking feet. Please no street shoes or tennis shoes on the wrestling mats. Please consider recycling your outgrown equipment with one another.
- Headgear is recommended.
- Singlets are not required for practices or for all tournaments. The Badger Regional tournament does require a singlet. MUHS will have a limited number of singlets on loan for tournaments if you do not have your own. You may purchase your own at athletic stores in the area or online if you prefer.
- Practice will begin December 4 on Monday and Thursday evening from 6-7:30 pm, and continue through the Youth State wrestling tournament in March.
- Practices will occur at Marquette University High School Wrestling room, located in the lower level.
- A full calendar of practice and events will be published and available.
- Local tournaments are held on weekends, times and locations will vary. Information will be provided to you for upcoming tournaments in the area. You will need to register for each event individually.
- We plan to attend the Nicolet Jr. Knights Wrestling Tournament in March as a full team. Registration and additional information will be provided closer to the event.
- A Wrestling calendar of upcoming events will be provided along with details on registration. Individuals are encouraged to participate in other events as well. Please let Coach know events you will be attending so we can arrange for coaches or assistants to provide the wrestlers direction.
- Coach will provide upcoming tournament information during practices.
- Will organize and design all the practices.
- Will assist Marquette University High School's Head Wrestling Coach in eliciting volunteers to be assistant coaches.
- Responsible for disseminating appropriate aspects of Marquette University High School's system to participants.
- Responsible for overall monitoring of practices.
- Will assist in organizing coaches at weekend tournament events that our Jr. Hilltoppers participate in.
- Participants must be covered by a parent or guardian health insurance plan.
- Provide transportation to and from practices and tournaments.
- Parents are responsible for acquiring USA membership card for their wrestler to participate in USA Wrestling sanctioned events. For information on USA Wrestling access the web site link below.
- Parents are responsible for registration of the individual wrestlers into events. Parental discretion as to which tournaments your student athlete participates in and guidance and assistance will be provided to you to register for events.
- Be a supportive spectator toward the opponent, coaches, referees and other spectators. Representing Christ, our organization, and Marquette University High School.
- Encourage sportsmanship and Christian conduct on the part of your child and fellow spectators.
- Be able to accept your wrestler's mistakes with patience and understanding, guiding their experience and recognizing their moments of brilliance.
- Respect the coaches' decisions. If you have a concern, please speak with the coach before or after practices.
- Stress academic success and Christian behavior as well as success in athletics.
- During periods of inclement weather, if MUHS School is cancelled our program event for that evening will also be cancelled.
- The Registration Fee of $90.00 does not include USA Membership card, which can be purchased separately.
Additional Links and Information
- USA Wrestling – www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling
- Wisconsin Wrestling Federation – www.wiwrestlingfederation.com - Wisconsin Wrestling Federation, guided by USA Wrestling, provides quality opportunities for its members to achieve their full human and athletic potential. Wisconsin Wrestling Federation will strive to be USA Wrestling's best state organization.
- Track Wrestling – www.trackwrestling.com